SiDOR group welcomes eligible researchers interested in applying to Individual European Fellowships of MSCA-2018
Statistics is a fundamental piece in the progress of scientific knowledge, as it provides rigorous models and methods to analyse data and come to correct conclusions. The applications of the statistical procedures appear in almost any branch of knowledge: medicine, biology, engineering, economy, social sciences, etc. Nowadays, data are becoming more and more accesible, but also demand more sophisticated methods to be analysed. SiDOR group offers a high-level research environment to develop statistical methodology. The main lines of research of SiDOR are related to nonparametric and semiparametric statistical inference, including curve estimation, testing problems, survival analysis and high-dimensional data. Software development and practical applications are also aims of the group.
The candidate will have the opportunity of working on some of the above lines of research in collaboration with SiDOR members or developing her/his own objectives in statistical inference, as new lines of research are also welcome.
- Candidates shall be in possession of a doctoral degree or 4 years of full-time equivalent experience
- Candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activities in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the 12th September 2018
- Academic CV (Euraxess format)
- Motivation letter (max. 2 A4 pages)
- Research project proposal (max. 5 A4 pages)
H2020 Work Programme 2018-2020 (pages 13-16).