Jacobo de Uña Álvarez
Statistics and Operations Research Area (265)
- Nonparametric curve estimation and goodness-of-fit tests.
- Survival Analysis and Multi-State Models.
- Biostatistics and Epidemiology.
- Statistical methods in biomedicine, engineering and economy.
- Multiple comparison procedures.
BSc in Mathematics (1995) and PhD in Mathematics with European Diploma (1998), speciality of Statistics and Operations Research, University of Santiago de Compostela. Professor at the Department of Statistics and Operations Research, University of Vigo, since 2010 (formerly Associate Professor since 2000, same Department). Three six-year terms in research. Seven PhD thesis supervised. He publishes regularly in high-impact journals in the area of statistics, like Journal of Statistical Software, Statistical Methods in Medical Research, Statistics in Medicine or Biometrics. He publishes in journal of other areas too, like Plos One, Journal of Forest Economics, BMC Bioinformatics, or Rheumatology. Associate Editor of Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics (2011- ), Computational Statistics (2013- ),Biometrics (2014-2018) y Brazilian Journal of Probability and Statistics (2015- ) Principal Researcher of competitive research projects in Mathematics continuously since 2005. Coordinator of the interuniversity Master in Statistical Techniques and of the interuniversity Doctorate Programme in Statistics and Operations Research (2011- ) Promoter of the Technological Institute for Industrial Mathematics (ITMATI). Chair of the SiDOR research group, University of Vigo, since 1998, recognized as competitive research unit by the Xunta de Galicia. Chair of the Biostatistics and Epidemiology unit of the Biomedical Research Center (CINBIO) since its creation.
- Nonparametric estimation of the cumulative incidences of competing risks under double truncation
- Assessment of assumptions of statistical analysis methods in randomised clinical trials: the what and how
- A two-sample test for the equality of univariate marginal distributions for high-dimensional data
- Relationship between damage and mortality in juvenile-onset systemic lupus erythematosus: Cluster analyses in a large cohort from the Spanish Society of Rheumatology Lupus Registry (RELESSER)