Javier Roca Pardiñas
Statistics and Operations Research Area (265)
- Predictive modelling.
- Spatial Heterogeneity Models.
- Quantile regression models.
- Computational statistics and software development.
- Applications to different areas of knowledge: Medicine, Neuroscience, Biology, Environmental Sciences, Engineering.
PO 36310 Vigo
Website at UVIGO
Dr. Javier Roca Pardiñas is Associated Professor of the Department of Statistics and Operational Research of UVIGO. He is specialized in nonparametric nonpamaretric regression, and bootstrap inferences techniques with special emphasis on generalized additive models (GAM). Moreover, he is an expert in computational statistics, with important contributions to semiparametric prediction models. His research work generated more than forty publications in international journals of impact in different areas of knowledge such as statistics, computer science, environment, biomedicine, and engineering amongst others. He has also successfully performed as a member of four research projects funded by Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation devoted to the development of basic and applied mathematical knowledge. He has been principal investigator on several projects with numerous companies and institutions.
- Multiscale supervised classification of point clouds with urban and forest applications
- Diagnostic accuracy of STOP-Bang questionnaire on moderate sleep apnoea in primary care
- Testing critical points of nonparametric regression curves: application to the management of stalked barnacles
- Predicting pollution incidents through semiparametric quantile regression models