Juan Carlos Pardo Fernández
Statistics and Operations Research Area (265)
- Goodness-of-fit tests.
- Comparison of regression curves.
- Nonparametric regression.
- ROC curves.
Bachelor in Mathematics (specialist in Statistics and Operational Research) and PhD (doctor Europaeus) by the University of Santiago de Compostela. Associate Professor at the Department of Statistics and OR of the University of Vigo. He has made long-term stays at the Université catholique de Louvain (Belgium), Université Paul Sabatier de Toulouse (France) and Universy of Buenos Aires (Argentina), and short visits to other universities in Spain and abroad to give seminars and courses. His research is concerned with nonparametric statistics and focuses in the development of new goodness-of-fit tests for regression models and new methodology for ROC curves.
- Testing for superiority between two variance functions
- Parametric estimates for the receiver operating characteristic curve generalization for non-monotone relationships
- Goodness-of-fit tests for disorder detection in NGS experiments
- The Youden Index in the Generalized Receiver Operating Characteristic Curve Context