Juan Carlos Pardo Fernández
Statistics and Operations Research Area (265)
- Goodness-of-fit tests.
- Comparison of regression curves.
- Nonparametric regression.
- ROC curves.
Bachelor in Mathematics (specialist in Statistics and Operational Research) and PhD (doctor Europaeus) by the University of Santiago de Compostela. Associate Professor at the Department of Statistics and OR of the University of Vigo. He has made long-term stays at the Université catholique de Louvain (Belgium), Université Paul Sabatier de Toulouse (France) and Universy of Buenos Aires (Argentina), and short visits to other universities in Spain and abroad to give seminars and courses. His research is concerned with nonparametric statistics and focuses in the development of new goodness-of-fit tests for regression models and new methodology for ROC curves.
- Smooth time-dependent receiver operating characteristic curve estimators
- Parametric estimates for the receiver operating characteristic curve generalization for non-monotone relationships
- Asymptotic distribution-free tests for semiparametric regressions with dependent data
- A model specification test for the variance function in nonparametric regression