Tomás R. Cotos Yáñez
Statistics and Operations Research Area (265)
- Goodness of fit tests for regression models with missing observations.
- Statistical applications for environmental data.
- Spatial data analysis: Estimation of the variogram and kriging methods.
- Geographically Weighted Statistical models.
Escola Superior de Enxeñaría Industrial
PO 32004 Ourense
Website at UVIGO
Associate Professor of Department of Statistics and Operative Research of the University of Vigo. He obtained his Ph.D. in Mathematics at the University of Santiago de Compostela in 2004.
Research in the area of nonparametric estimation of curves and resampling methods with various scientific and communications in national and international conferences publications. Journals published mainly in applied and computational statistics.
He is member of the Ph.D. in Statistics and Operations Research of three Universities (Universities of Vigo, Santiago de Compostela and University of A Coruña). He has participated in several projects and research contracts. Currently a member of the research team SIDOR (Statistical Inference, Decision and Operations Research) at the University of Vigo.
- A new semantic-based feature selection method for spam filtering
- Spatial heterogeneity in Spain for senior travel behavior
- Goodness-of-fit tests for quantile regression with missing responses
- Geographically Weighted Principal Components Analysis to assess diffuse pollution sources of soil heavy metal: Application to rough mountain areas in Northwest Spain.