Marta Sestelo Pérez
External Collaborator Researcher
- Software development.
- Nonparametric regression.
- Variable selection.
- Survival analysis.
- Bootstrap methods.
Website at UVIGO
At the beginning of 2018, I join at Gradiant team as researcher. Previously, I was a Postdoctoral Researcher at the Centre of Matemathics (CMAT) of the University of Minho (Portugal) for 3 years. I received my PhD in Statistics and Operation Research from the University of Vigo in 2013. I am mainly focused on the development of new methodologies and algorithms linked with nonparametric statistics. Particularly, I am interested in estimation and inference methods in flexible regression models and survival analysis, in developing practical tools for data analysis and in gaining better understanding of real life issues through statistical knowledge. I strongly believe that we need to make science more open, transparent and reproducible. Therefore, my research is closely related to computational statistics, particularly, with free software development. During this time, I have combined my research work with teaching activities at the University of Vigo and at the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
- Testing critical points of nonparametric regression curves: application to the management of stalked barnacles
- Estimation in the progressive illness-death model: a non-exhaustive review
- A method for determining groups in multiple survival curves
- npregfast: an R package for nonparametric estimation and inference in life sciences