- Survival analysis.
- Double truncation.
- Methods for the estimation of the density function.
- Goodness of-fit-tests for the semiparametric truncation model.
Universidade do Minho
Largo do Paço
Website at UVIGO
I am a Postdoctoral researcher in Universidade do Minho. In June 2010, I received my PhD in Statistics at the University of Vigo in Spain. During my PhD, I worked on several statistical problems within the area of survival analysis, more specifically; I contributed to the field of Double truncation, such as regression with Double truncation response, smoothing Methods for the estimation of the density Function and goodness of-fit-Tests for the semiparametric truncation Model, with special emphasis on biomedical applications. I started my work in ISPUP in December 2016 and I intent to extend my research interests and expertise in several directions on Public Health problems. My current Investigation is under the Project "Diabetes & Obesity at crossroads between Oncological and cardiovascular diseases."
On the one hand, I am interested in the contribution of new advances in parametric and nonparametric curve estimation and testing under Double truncation.
- Time trends in prevalence and incidence rates of childhood overweight and obesity in Portugal: Generation XXI birth cohort
- A Multistate Model for Analyzing Transitions Between Body Mass Index Categories During Childhood: The Generation XXI Birth Cohort Study
- Gestational Weight Gain and Offspring Bone Mass: Different Associations in Healthy Weight Versus Overweight Women
- Body mass index transitions during childhood: a multiple-state model approach