Marta Cousido Rocha
External Collaborator Researcher
Statistics and Operations Research Area (265)
- Goodness-of-fit tests for dependent high-dimensional data.
- Multiple testing methods for discrete p-values.
- Genomic data analysis.
- Management strategy evaluation (MSE) in fisheries.
Subida a Radio Faro, 50-52
PO 36390 Vigo
Website at UVIGO
Degree in mathematics by the University of Santiago de Compostela with a Inter-university Master’s in Statistical Techniques (which is organized jointly by the three Galician universities), whose final project based on time-series forecasting was developed in collaboration with the company Optare Solutions. On December 10, 2018, I obtained my PhD in Statistics from the University of Vigo. The title of the thesis is "New contributions to the statistical analysis of high- dimensional data under dependence "and was supervised by Jacobo de Uña Álvarez. The thesis committee composed of Ingrid Van Keilegom, Pierre Neuvial and Juan Carlos Pardo Fernández, grated my thesis as Outstanding (Cum Laude) with International mention. The research carried out on my thesis was funded by the aid for predoctoral contracts for the training of doctors of the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, co-financed by the European Social Fund (Ref. BES-2015-074958). From January 2019 until October 2019, I had a postdoctoral contract for assigned by the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness to the research project "Methodological and Computational Advances in semi-parametric and nonparametric statistics" (belonging to the group SIDOR). The aims of my postdoctoral period was:
- A deep theoretical investigation of the performance of the multiple comparison procedures proposed in my thesis for homogeneous discrete uniform p-values.
- Application of my investigation to real data sets in collaboration with genomic research groups.
- Implementation of the different procedures developed in my research in R packages.
Actually, I am working in the Spanish Institute of Oceanography-Vigo Oceanographic Center. My main task is the research in the field Managament Strategy Evaluation (MSE) which is a simulation based approach that is used to explore the robustness of alternative magnament options of a fishery or stock quantifying the trade-offs among different management goals across a range of management objectives.